Senior Developer (Ruby on Rails)
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced (RoR) Senior Developer within the recruitment technology industry
- Competitive remuneration package, awesome benefits and an unrivalled culture
- Enjoy the benefits that come from being a part of a well-funded, growing business
- Work from home and flexible hours negotiable for the right person
Your new company
Scout Talent accelerates and streamlines our clients' recruitment processes to save them time and ensure they see people first.
Scout Talent is a business and brand that sits under the Employment Office Group. EO is a long-established business with a zest for innovation. Both our products, and our sales and marketing tools, are top notch. Our training processes amaze and thrill new people starting their careers with us.
We offer innovative technology, built specifically for internal recruitment teams and powered by talent acquisition specialists who see the world the way our clients do.
We have a 95% client renewal rate which is a testament to the quality of our products and the service we provide - check out our latest reviews here.
Your new career
Scout Talent is looking for an experienced, versatile Ruby on Rails (RoR) Senior Developer to help us solve our client’s recruitment technology challenges. We want someone who is driven and passionate about maintenance, process automation and continuous integration.
As a RoR Developer with Scout Talent, you’ll be able to fully immerse yourself in a project and nail it. We provide our developers with autonomy and the freedom to use their initiative to propose new solutions and make their mark on our software. This is a role within a collaborative, solutions-focused team — a team that will be looking to you as the software engineering expert within the organisation.
Your main duties will include:
- Programming and development of new and existing recruitment applications;
- Being the back end development specialist, offering recommendations to our Client Success and Product Development teams that result in the best experience for our clients;
- Contributing to the future direction of our technology and our business.
- At least 3-5 years proven experience delivering on project outcomes for a business;
- Familiarity with working in Agile methodology;
- A collaborative working approach;
- Knowledge of Phoenix/Elixir is a bonus!
What's in it for you?
You'll find your new role to be extremely enjoyable, varied and interesting. We have a close-knit team of professionals who enjoy each other's company as well as their interaction with clients from a wide variety of sectors and industries. Our open plan, spacious office enjoys full-length views of the Brisbane river and is located only a few minutes from the train, bus or City Cat terminal. We are really focused on the factors that keep our wonderful team happy – fresh fruit and snacks every day, good coffee on tap, Nutribullets with everything you could possibly want to put in them, social events, job security and real earning potential.
We pay above-market rates and will negotiate a remuneration package with the successful candidate, in line with their experience and skills.
Our organisational structure is egalitarian, flat, and built around small, supportive teams. Successful team members will also enjoy further opportunities to advance their career within Scout Talent by becoming Team Leaders or entering business ownership roles.